Novo Farms Cassava Pone
Yield: 15 Portions
- 4 Oz Butter, melted
- 2 Cups Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Minced Ginger
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon Powder
- ¼ Tsp Grounded Cardamom
- ¼ Tsp Grated Nutmeg
- ¼ Tsp Black Pepper
- 4 Cups Novo Farms Finely Grated Cassava
- 1 Cup Novo Farms Finely Grated Dried Coconut (White Flesh)
- 1 Cup Finely Grated Pumpkin
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ Cup Currants
- ¼ Cup Evaporated Milk
- In a medium mixing bowl, add in the melted butter followed by the sugar and whisk to incorporate. (About 3 Minutes)
- Add the ginger, vanilla essence, cinnamon powder, grounded cardamom, nutmeg and black pepper.
- Whisk spices well into butter – sugar mixture.
- Place in the grated cassava and mix, followed by the coconut and pumpkin.
- Using a hand blender, pulse the mixture in intervals to break down the ingredients and slowly bind them together into a homogenous matter. (About 1 minute)
- Switch over to a spatula; add the baking powder, currants and evaporated milk. Mix to properly incorporate all ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place pone batter into a 9 x 13 inch baking tray and gently tap the tray against the counter to settle the batter evenly.
- Bake pone in hot oven for 50 minutes to an hour until lightly golden brown on the surface and texture is firm but springs back to the touch.
- Let cool for 20 minutes before slicing.