Novo Farms Grilled Shrimp Caesar Salad
Yield: 2 -3 Portions
For the Dressing
- 1 Pk Novo Farms Healthy Salad Mix ( Heart Healthy )
- 4 Large Egg Yolks
- 2 Tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tsp White Vinegar
- 1 Minced Garlic Clove
- ½ Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- ½ Cup Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ Oz Paprika
- 2 Cups of Crisp Croutons
For Grilled Shrimp
- 2 Bamboo Skewers ( Soaked in water )
- 10 Large Shrimp ( Deveined )
- 1Tsp Salt
- ½ Tsp Black Pepper
- ½ Tsp of Paprika
- 1 Tbsp of Minced Chadon Beni
- 3 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1 Tsp of Fresh Thyme
- 2 Tsp of Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil
- Place shrimp into a medium bowl and season with salt, pepper and rub liberally. Add the paprika, chadon beni, garlic and thyme. Mix to combine then drizzle in the lemon juice, mix and let sit for five minutes to marinate.
- Thread five shrimps on each bamboo skewer.
- Place a grill pan over high heat and add 1 Tbsp of oil. When oil is hot, add shrimp and cook for 2 Minutes on each side or until shrimp is bright pink and firm. Remove from heat, set aside and keep warm.
- Open bag of Healthy Salad Mix and place in salad bowl.
- For the Salad Dressing; in a blender pour the yolks, the lemon juice, white vinegar, garlic, salt, black pepper, mustard and process in a blender for 20 seconds.
- Carefully add half of the oil in a steady stream, followed by half the cheese as the processor runs, ensuring the oil is emulsified into the yolk mixture. Continue with the remaining oil and cheese respectively as you the machine blends.
- Taste to differentiate if you need more cheese or if you desire a looser dressing; add a little more oil. When done, pour into a bowl.
- To serve, to the bowl of salad greens, add half the dressing and toss. If you prefer more add as much as you like, but note that copious amounts may make salad a bit too wet.
- Plate out with enough tossed lettuce per person and place the croutons on-top the salad. Remove shrimp from skewers and place atop the greens.
- Sprinkle with additional parmesan cheese and a little paprika for color and serve immediately.