Novo Pumpkin Pie
Yield: 1 – 9 Inch Pie
For the Pie Dough
- 2 ½ Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- ¾ Cup Very Cold Butter (Cut into ½ inch Cubes)
- ¼ Cup Vegetable Shortening (Cut into ½ inch Cubes)
- 4 to 8 Tbsp Cold Ice Water
For Pumpkin Filling
- 2 Cups of Novo Pumpkin Cubes
- 14 Oz Condensed Milk
- 2 Tsp Pumpkin Spice
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- Place flour into a bowl with sugar.
- Add in the butter and shortening.
- Rub both fats into flour until a grainy bread crumb consistency is achieved.
- Slowly add in the water and gently knead until dough comes together.
- Dough should not be wet, but merely sticking together loosely.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chiller for 2 hours until the fats are solidified .
- Roll out pastry and place into pie dish and pour pie filling in.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until cooked