Pistachio Crusted Snapper with Creamy Novo Pumpkin Sauce
Yield: 2 Portions
- 2 – 4 Oz Fillets of Snapper
- 1 ½ Tsp Salt
- 1 ½ Tsp Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- ¼ Tsp Roasted Cumin Powder / Geera
- 1 Tsp of Minced Garlic
- 1 Tsp of Fine Thyme
- ½ Cup Pistachio Nuts
- 2 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil
- Place fish fillets on a small plate. Add salt, black pepper and cumin on both sides of fish and rub gently to massage seasoning in, followed by the garlic and thyme.
- Place pistachio nuts into a food processor or coffee grinder and pulse to make coarse crumb pieces.
- Pour grounded nuts into a flat plate, pick up the fillet and crust the flesh side of fish with nuts by placing into the powdered pistachios. Do this for both fillets.
- Place a medium sauté pan over high heat. Add the vegetable oil and when hot, place the two fillets nut crust side down into the oil.
- Cook for 2 ½ minutes on each side, or until fish is cooked all through. Serve Fish fillets on a generous sauce bed of the creamy pumpkin sauce. A great starch accompaniment for this dish would be the Creamy Coconut Scallop Potatoes.
Creamy Pumpkin Sauce
Yield: 16 Oz
- 8 Oz Frozen Novo Pumpkin / Squash, Peeled
- 2 ½ Cups Water
- 1 Tsp Salt
- ½ Tsp of Black Pepper
- Dash of Nutmeg and Cinnamon
- ½ Tsp of Minced Rosemary
- 2 Oz of Heavy Cream
- Cut pumpkin into small cubes and place into a small sauce pan with 2 ½ cups of water. Add the salt, black pepper, nutmeg and cinnamon and place on medium heat covered, to simmer until pumpkin is soft and pliable.
- Strain and reserve 5 oz of the same pumpkin water in which it was boiled in.
- Pour this water and boiled pumpkin into a blender and add the minced rosemary and heavy cream.
- Place the top cover of the blender on and pulse for a few seconds, then pulverize until pumpkin is smooth. Taste for flavour and adjust with more salt if desired.
- Serve this sauce with the Pistachio Crusted Snapper.